Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Beautifully Virtuous"


“Beautifully Virtuous”
Angelia Clinton

Many people wonder where my secret lies.
Is it my breast, legs or firm backside?
No!
In fact, it's nothing that your eyes can see;
the secret to my beauty lies deep within me.

As I walk into a room, folks smile and look upon my face.
I greet them with words that are seasoned with grace.
They glare and they stare, some still can't see
What makes this woman unique is the God in me.

Normal women sleep when there's work to be done.
Virtuous women arise before the shining of the sun.
We take great joy in helping those in need.
For every step we take, we're planting God's good seed.

--I am woman, virtuously. Virtuous woman, that's me.--

Look into my closet. You won't find the latest Prada dress.
I invest in the eternal and adorn myself with righteousness.
I no longer value my worth by the opinions of men.
But by the spirit of truth that dwells within.

When I look into a mirror I see more than a flawed reflection.
Beyond the mascara and makeup, I see my Savior’s selection.
I do not boast in self, but only in His sacrifice.
For in His hands the Potter fashions purpose into this present life.

Anyone with eyes can spot an attractive woman in their midst.
But it takes more than eyes to perceive a beauty like this.
I'm more sought after out than treasures of silver and gold.
My worth far exceeds rubies—so I've been told.

--I am woman, virtuously. Virtuous woman, that's me.--

From my speech to my smile, to my style of dress;
All things speak volumes to the light I possess.
Although most men chase after the superficial kind,
I won’t descend from my tree top, for I am well worth the climb

The virtue chapter has been continued although there’s no Proverbs 32
For her story has been torn from the pages and embedded inside of you.
Charming tongues are deceit and outward beauty fades eventually,
But a woman who fears the Lord will be celebrated for eternity.

--We are women, virtuously. Virtuous women, both you and me.--

No comments:

Post a Comment